#DesertDaze2019 will take place in the valley of the unbroken horizon, aka Moreno Beach, at Lake Perris in Southern California, located 1.5 hours SE of Los Angeles between the San Jacinto and San Bernardino Mountains.
The striking mountain ranges and rolling desert hills provide an enveloping otherworldly backdrop to the activities of Moreno Beach. Float metaphorically, spiritually, or literally in a lake while your favorite artists sonically bend the air and water around you. The venue is conveniently located near hotels, rental houses, supermarkets, gas stations, banks, convenience stores, auto mechanics, and virtually every kind of retail/services you can think of.
- Large sandy beach
- Moreno Beach Club with premium bar, shade, loungers, and more.
- Open green spaces
- Plenty of picnic tables with seating
- Virtually no dust
- Preferred Parking option close to the entrance of the festival available
- Restrooms are located in brick and mortar state park facilities throughout the campgrounds and have running water, free hot showers, flushing toilets, sinks, & hand dryers. Restrooms are maintained by the state park. Toilet paper is restocked daily.
Stages + Experiences
There will be two outdoor stages, one large tent stage, and one dome within the festival grounds, plus one stage in the campgrounds.
- Moon Stage: The first of two main stages that alternate back and forth (no overlap!). This stage is located on the beach, with Lake Perris and the Bernasconi Hills as it’s backdrop. You can swim in the lake or float while your favorite artists play.
- Block Stage: The second of two main stages, located on the lawn, a hop, skip and a jump away from Moon Stage and the Marketplace.
- The Theatre: Our 3rd stage is inside a large tent with video screens + projection artists, located at the opposite end of the festival grounds as the Block Stage and the marketplace. Also a short walk from the Moon Stage.
- The Sanctuary: An immersive 36’ dome for visitors who need a respite from the crowds, augmented by a lineup of ambient sound artists curated by Epicenter Projects and Touch Music. In 2018 The Sanctuary featured Cristopher Cichocki – Circular Dimensions, PINKCOURTESYPHONE (Richard Chartier), Gregg Kowalsky, William Hutson, David Scott Stone, Al Lover, + more.
- The Mystic Bazaar: Located within the Camping Village, the Mystic Bazaar provides an immersive program of sound baths, yoga, shamanic ceremony, classes led by our Mystics, guided plant walks, live music, and other alternative programming.
PACK IT IN, PACK IT OUT – LEAVE NO TRACE
Together with rangers and park staff, Desert Daze has created a welcoming and positive culture at Lake Perris. We aim to do our part in keeping the park clean and sustainable for the local wildlife as well as travelers from around the world, and we ask that you do, too.