The fifth annual Desert Daze will take place in Joshua Tree, CA at the Institute of Mentalphysics on the weekend of October 14 – 16, 2016
The Institute of Mentalphysics (and Joshua Tree Retreat Center) is located on a 420 acre sacred site, right off of Highway 62 in Joshua Tree, CA, 2.5 hours from Los Angeles and San Diego, 3.5 hours from Las Vegas, and 4 hours or less from Phoenix and most places in Southern and Central California.
The address is 59700 Twentynine Palms Highway, Joshua Tree, CA 92252
The venue is conveniently located near hotels, markets, gas stations, banks, mechanics, and virtually every kind of retail/services you can think of, along with all the charismatic retail & speciality shops Joshua Tree has to offer.
There will be three outdoor stages of live music, one indoor stage w/ speakers, workshops, and other alternative programming, and a variety of accommodations available for the weekend.
- Moon Amphitheater: First of two main stages that alternate back and forth, so you don’t miss a second of the action. Located in the heart of the festival grounds, near the ridge cottages, our farmers market, and one of our bars.
- Block Stage: Second of two main stages, located near Sanctuary Hall, food vendors, the diner, and another one of our bars.
- Party Tent: Our 3rd stage will live inside a beautiful tent this year, located near the campground entrance and vendor village. (Also a short walk from the Moon Amphitheater)
- Sanctuary Hall: A new addition to Desert Daze, an indoor stage of alternative programming w/ speakers, workshops, Q+As, Film Screenings, Audio/Visual programming + more – The Sanctuary was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and his son, Lloyd. The building is octagonal with vaulted ceilings, interesting lighting and stained glass windows.
- Ridge Cottages, Studios, and Pads – Spend the weekend in one of our cottages or apartments located within the main grounds of the festival, all of which come with preferred parking, private bathrooms, heat and A/C. Some even have private patios with views of the main stage!
- Tent, Car, and RV Camping – Check out the camping info page for more information on the campgrounds and different types of camping.
We look forward to hosting you all once again for a magical weekend of music and camping at this beautiful desert location.
PACK IT IN, PACK IT OUT
LEAVE NO TRACE