The sixth annual Desert Daze will take place in Joshua Tree, CA at the Institute of Mentalphysics on the weekend of October 12 – 15, 2017
The Institute of Mentalphysics is the oldest and largest spiritual retreat center in the western United States. It is a very unique architectural landmark built on a sacred site by the world renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright and son. The property rests atop a very rare geological occurrence: the meeting place of three underground aquifers. Because of this incredible phenomenon, the site has a measurable magnetic field which causes a palpable energetic effect on those who visit.
The Institute of Mentalphysics (and Joshua Tree Retreat Center) is located on a 420 acre sacred site, right off of Highway 62 in Joshua Tree, CA, 2.5 hours from Los Angeles and San Diego, 3.5 hours from Las Vegas, and 4 hours or less from Phoenix and most places in Southern and Central California.
The address is 59700 Twentynine Palms Highway, Joshua Tree, CA 92252
The venue is conveniently located near hotels, markets, gas stations, banks, mechanics, and virtually every kind of retail/services you can think of, along with all the charismatic retail & speciality shops Joshua Tree has to offer.
There will be three outdoor stages of live music, one indoor stage w/ speakers, workshops, and other alternative programming, and a variety of accommodations available for the weekend.
- Moon Amphitheater: The first of two main stages that alternate back and forth, located near the ridge cottages, farmers market, and one of the bars.
- Block Stage: The second of two main stages, located near Sanctuary Hall, food vendors, the diner, and one of the bars.
- The Wright Tent: Our 3rd stage will live inside a beautiful tent with amazing video screens + projection artists, located near the campground entrance, and the marketplace. Also a short walk from the Moon Amphitheater.
- Sanctuary Hall: Designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and his son, Lloyd Wright, the building is octagonal with vaulted ceilings and stained glass. No shoes or beverages are allowed in the Sanctuary! This year there will be a very special art installation set up in The Sanctuary all weekend long.
- NEW FOR 2017! Noble Hall: Designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and his son, Lloyd Wright, the building is adorned with beautiful triangular lighting fixtures. Noble Hall will host an array of alternative programming with speakers, workshops, Q&A’s, film screenings + more.
- Ridge Cottages, Studios, and Pads – Spend the weekend in one of our cottages or apartments located within the main grounds of the festival, all of which come with preferred parking, private bathrooms, heat and A/C. Some even have private patios with views of the main stage!
- Tent, Car, and RV Camping – Check out the camping info page for more information on the campgrounds and different types of camping.
We look forward to hosting you all once again for a magical weekend of music and camping at this beautiful desert location.
PACK IT IN, PACK IT OUT
LEAVE NO TRACE